Announcements and Important Events
Job Title: Head Cross Country Coach
Supervisor: Principal & Athletic Director
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport and places an emphasis on lessons learned through sport that transcend sport, work ethic, goal setting, perseverance, persistence to create results driven student-athletes.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses student’s skills and develops strategies to improve them as student-athletes
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observe students, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times. Provides supervision of student athletes at all times, games and practice, until parents arrive
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations. Provides morning after report to highlight competition results and performances.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and fundraisers.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
1. Attends staff meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance. CPR Certified or will take steps needed to be CPR certified.
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Some experience as a head Cross Country coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
All interested candidates should send resume and references to Athletics Director
Deuce Harris – email@example.com